Saturday, March 7, 2009

Going to the show Fire Proof

My wife and I are going to see the movie Fireproof tonight at the Church of the Nazarene. They say that there were some things missing in the theatre that are included in the DVD. We normally do not go out to the show but when my wife saw the previews for this one we had to go. It is a must see movie, about marriage and the love of the flesh versus the love of Jesus. We didn't think it was going to come to small town North Dakota so we drove two hours to see it in Fargo. It was well worth the trip and made for an excellent date for Monique and I. We left Eliyah with my parents and enjoyed a date, just the two of us. It is one of three movies that a small church in Albany Georgia put out and the church members make up most of the cast. The other movies are Flywheel and facing the Giants two very good shows that are full of meaning. My wife and I were married in Cordele Georgia which is about a half hour from Albany, so there is a little special meaning for the two of us in that.

2 comments:

  1. Wasnt the movie FAB?! My husband I just loved it. Have you seen Facing the Giants made by the same people? Super good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not seen the movie yet, Waiting to get a good movie night with my hubby. He also would like to see it. I have had many offers to watch it with other women but we really want to see it together! My ex-step father told me that if this movie had been out while he were yet still married to my mother he would have tried a whole lot harder to save the marriage.
    My Former worship leader along with several other men said it had them in tears several times. I am not excited about the crying part (I cry at Disney movies) so I think I might need to have a huge box of tissues there with me. I also loved the fact that Kirk Cameron said he would never kiss another woman in a movie so his wife doubled for that scene! I can't wait to see it...

    ReplyDelete